Letters to Santa


Welcome to my blog. I am so excited to share with you how gratitude changed our family. I hope you enjoy our journey.


My 8 year old daughter recently wrote a letter to Santa as many kids her age do. I decided I should read the letter. Expecting to find her lists of demands, I found the following instead…

            Dear Santa,
Thank you for bringing me the stuff you gave me. Have a great cookie and milk. Merry Christmas Santa!

Yes, she is fully expecting to receive something from Santa but no matter what he leaves behind she is thanking him! It was a very proud moment for me as she chose this simple gesture of gratitude all on her own.

Rewind several years and you will find me as a young mother to my oldest child. She is the first born, first grandchild, first great-grandchild the perfect formula for disaster if not handled with gratitude as a guide. I failed miserably! Her letters to Santa were much more like this…

            Dear Santa,
                        I want it all or else!

Two children raised in the same house with a very differing outlook. How could I let this happen?!

Come along on my journey as I share what I have learned over the last 19 years from my children as our whole family transformed from greed to gratitude.

Comments